Monday, January 24, 2011

Blogging is like riding

They say that once you learn how to ride a bike you never forget, but can the same thing be said for blogging? Blogging after all, is a relatively new pastime. The two activities, however, are similar in that once you get rolling you don't want to stop. I have been riding my bike for years. I have been blogging for approximately 3 minutes. Originally my bicycle was ridden as a right of passage which then turned  into a way to escape the challenges of being a kid and then as a means of transportation. Today the bicycle represents some similar themes but it has also become a way of life for me. As a physical Therapist (or as they say in these parts; Physiotherapist) I have the unique opportunity to share my passion with those around me. Over the years I have incorporated cycling into my practice, my lifestyle and encouraged friends and family to embrace it as well. I have ridden hundreds of miles for charity as well as 5 miles with patients recuperating from an injury. I call those "rehab rides". In short this blog is meant to share my past, present and future experiences as they relate to health, wellness, fitness, lifestyle and of course cycling. I hope you will join me on this exciting journey.
Warm regards,
David Garber PT, DPT
www.therapysport.com

No comments:

Post a Comment